Charter Tech Support

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, 2 April 2008

Uncovering the ultra high price of a Subway sandwich

Posted on 12:42 by Unknown
Dear Guy at Subway,

Thank you for the prompt and efficient service you provided to me and my daughter during what was for you I imagine a rather busy lunch hour. You took my order, grabbed the necessary fixings and prepared my sandwich and hers with aplomb. When I asked about the seemingly exorbitant price for a child's mini-sub, you were kind enough to point out that it also came with a drink and the toy you had provided along with a stack of complimentary napkins.

I took you up on the accompanying drink and picked out a Glaceau Vitamin Water even though, unlike you, I am old enough to remember when we called this stuff Kool-Aid and, not only did it taste great, it only cost about 59 cents per rain barrel to make. My mother could make enough for the whole neighborhood in a matter of seconds, and unlike the poor schlubs in the TV commercial, we never were chased down by some creepy anthropomorphic drinking pitcher.

The toy you gave my daughter was a plastic replica of a microphone, small enough to get lost behind the couch cushions but big enough that she couldn't swallow it. This is a good thing because, seeing as how to a toddler the item looks like one big lollipop, she very well might try to put it in her mouth. On closer inspection however, I realized that the top of the microphone comes off to reveal a red felt-tip marker.

A red felt-tip marker?

Guy at Subway, what did I ever do to you? What heinous misdoing or unforgivable transgression could I have ever committed that you can now reasonably justify taking revenge on me in this way? I have a good mind never to eat in your establishment again if this is the thanks I get. I don't care how much weight Jared lost.

Have you no clue what havoc my child would reek with this weapon of mass destruction? Within a mere five minutes of my multi-tasking parental supervision otherwise known as checking email, fixing more coffee or putting poop in Dad's potty, she would deface all the wonderful goods her mother and I have worked so hard to earn the money to buy.

The tablecloth we bought in Provence would be ruined. Our high thread-count bed linens would forever have red scribbles on them. The walls I spent weeks painting would be for her a mere canvas upon which to express her angst at having such materialistic parents. Even the cat would likely not escape her pen-wielding wrath.

You appear to be a young subway guy who, judging by your late morning work schedule, either were asked to leave high school prior to graduating or perhaps you just left of your own volition. Maybe slinging the Dijon horseradish sauce was a requirement of your probation. Who knows? Regardless, I am prepared to cut you a certain amount of slack for not thinking outside the protective sneeze guard. But get a grip.

Mischievous toddlers and red marker don't mix.

Sincerely,
Kevin
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • AAA child's passport photo
    Meryl and I set out today to the nearest AAA office in order to get her photo taken for a passport. Sure, passport photos can be acquired j...
  • cocktailswithkevin is closing its doors . . . kinda
    Well, not exactly. Basically I've just come to the conclusion that forking out $80 a year to have my own domain name just ain't wort...
  • Search for interesting blogs yields few results
    I recently have begun dedicating a portion of my work day to checking out other people's blogs. This is because until recently I suffere...
  • Gwinnett County aquatic center lap swim farce
    Twice now my daughter in all her infinite cuteness and I were turned away from a Gwinnett County recreational swimming pool. Why? Not beca...
  • Georgia governor praying for rain?
    I had vowed to myself that I would try and make my blog more uplifting from now on and not be such a Negative Nelson. I will revisit that id...
  • Please don't wear sweatpants out of the house
    Remember that old adage about not leaving home without wearing clean underwear? The fear was that if you got into a car crash and the parame...
  • Expelling Harry Potter from Gwinnett County schools does not help children
    This morning I awoke to a news story that just about made me want to upchuck yesterday's lunch in a way that only Linda Blair could env...
  • Charter sucks
    Note: This entry has been updated as of March 31, 2007. The amended text is to be found at the bottom of the screen. Dear Charter Communicat...
  • Making the most of down time at work
    Today a glitch in the inner-workings of our comany's phone system crippled my work productivity. Some of my coworkers relish these times...
  • Cursed (two syllables) email
    Have you ever stopped to think about the hefty price we pay for having an email address? I'm not talking about having to sort through th...

Categories

  • addiction
  • anger
  • call center
  • charter
  • charter sucks
  • compulsive disorders
  • crazian
  • ebay
  • foot shavers
  • haircut cancer
  • huzzah
  • junk mail
  • kindermusik
  • language
  • mei lan
  • negative banter philosophy
  • pandas
  • parenting
  • recipe
  • retaliatory feedback
  • sidewalk baby footprints
  • stay at home dad
  • tax refund
  • teaching
  • theater
  • things that suck
  • tooth
  • vonage
  • wine
  • zoo atlanta

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2008 (42)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ▼  April (5)
      • Seven windows to my soul
      • I'll teach you
      • Truth be told
      • Will the real Kevin please stand up?
      • Uncovering the ultra high price of a Subway sandwich
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (11)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2007 (47)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2006 (78)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2005 (27)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (9)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile